When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Munchkin turns a month old today!

The little munchkin turned a month old today! Hooray! My mom told me to make some red eggs to pass to relatives and friends. I googled the history for making red eggs on baby’s full moon and am surprised at how significant the red eggs symbolizes. Although I didn’t really go through the whole confinement period for a full month, I decided to follow this tradition of passing red eggs (for the heck of it). Since I do not have relatives here *sob sob* I will be distributing it to my close friends here.

Here’s some history behind it if you want to read about it.

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/baby/traditions/chinese-full-moon-celebration/

I know. They mentioned Ang ku kueh as well but hey, I have limited resources here. Red eggs should be enough. Smile After all, I am doing it for the heck of it!

I’ll post some pics of the little kiddo once I got the pictures uploaded.

No comments: