When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Almost a year....

Hahaha... sorry i have to start off the blog with a laugh. It's too funny! I finally got my wedding album and video from sir today! Yes, almost one year! We are big time procrastinators. OK. So what's so funny you may ask! It's the video!!! God.... it is cheesy..... big time! haha... seriously. I feel so bad for sir who had to sit through the whole thing, play it over and over again and do the editing to the video. I guess the video is cheesy in the 1st place because of the editing skills? Well, I can't complain the about the video quality. After all I didn't sign up for it. There wasn't much editing done, there were some cuts here and there. Nothing major. We watched it tonight as soon as we got it. I felt pain for myself at some parts... haha. Of course somewhere in the video, I felt the giddy part and the "awwww....." kind of feeling. But boy... some parts are just too painful to watch. So that's how i look like in real life. Haha... when I talked, my mouth was kinda side ways... haha not sure if you know what I mean. And my double chin was showing most of the time. Yuck! The worst worst part is the little monologue that I did. I was told to say something in front of the camera, something sweet, a short msg for John. I was totally caught off guard. I was unprepared. I was already so nervous that I already was, and now they wanted me to talk in front of the camera with an unprepared script. So there I was, in my traditional chinese red dress, "kua" looking into the camera, giving John the short love message. For some reason, you can't see my neck. You heard it right. I have no neck in that short clip. I think I was slouching, and the "blouse" kinda made it look like i have no neck. And as I talked, my mouth was moving in a very weird way. Ahh.... I have to say that was excruciatingly painful to watch. lol.... John's little monologue was so much better than mine. haha.. I guess he is a natural in front of the camera! :)

There are many sweet moments. Our vows exchanged, Best Man speech, Maid of Honor speech, bride as in ME getting ready, grand entrance, walking down the aisle, first dance... etc etc. Did I mention that Janet gave the best maid of honor speech?

Anyhoo..... it was kinda nice to be able to see the video. As I have said before, the day went by so quick and everything was a blur. I don't seem to remember anything. The video is good to bring back all those sweet memories... and also the painful moments. :P Don't know if I am ever going to be brave enough to show the video to anyone! I know one thing for sure, sir will never use it for demo. It will definitely chase his potential customers away!

I just remember that i never did finish writing my wedding re-cap. I will... one day... one day....
this picture was used for the opening of the video
this was the end

No comments: