When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 in 1

This year we have the privilege of celebrating 2 occasions in 1. Well, sorta. Not sure if it's good or bad but... it is what it is, right. It is John's birthday today and 4 days later is our wedding anniversary, June 28th! Yep, it's been a year since all the wedding planning craziness & stress. Ask me if I would do it again? Definitely! Only if it's with the same guy! ;)

Anyway, it's John's 32nd birthday today. woo hoo..... a big shout out to my dear husband. A very good accomplishment for surviving another year of putting up with me. :P I made reservations for 2 at Beckham Grill in Pasadena tonight. I know John loves prime rib and after doing some googling, Beckham Grill seemed to interest me the most. Lawry's is another good prime rib restaurant but since it's a Wednesday night, I didn't want to bother with the traffic to Beverly hills.

Beckham Grill is different from any other prime rib restaurant I've been to. Probably because it's a British style restaurant rather than the usual American prime rib place we go to. The restaurant/ pub is fancy, filled with antique english-themed decor. Very nice atmosphere. Prime rib was good but we probably spoiled our appetite by eating too much appetizer. Their garlic bread is superb! We cleaned it out in minutes! I had to let John have the last piece since it's his birthday. :( We ordered fried calamari, hearts of romaine with bleu cheese dressing and when our entree finally came, we were too full to enjoy it. Overall, it is a good place for dining. One strange thing about the restaurant is, their customer's median age is probably 65! No kidding. We are probably the youngest couple there. Most of the customers there are old, like really old. Not sure if it's a coincidence or what.

So aside from taking John to wine and dine on his birthday, I also got him a few gifts. Note: A FEW. I figured his birthday is so close to our anniversary, I might as well get them all at once. And since we won't be in town for our anniversary, I decided to give him all at once. So it is really up to us to interpret which gift is for birthday and which gift is for anniversary. Here's what I want the gifts to be:
image borrowed from here.
the one i got from him is similar to the image above but i am not sure if it's the exact same model. This would be the birthday gift.

The rest are anniversary gifts:
image borrowed from here

image borrowed from here
the wallet is similar to the image above but not exactly. I got it from ebay (my new shopping website addiction!). I have scored multiple good deals from ebay recently of which, includes a j crew knee-length dress and a beautiful black evening gown (in transit to LA right now).
image borrowed from here
His favorite cologne and most important of all, my favorite as well :)

He loves each and every one of his gifts. they were something that he needs/ wanted for a while. In return, my anniversary gift from him is a pair of roundtrip tickets to NY in October (no surprise here). I am excited and much looking forward to our next vacation!

4 comments:

Simply June said...

Happy Birthday to John! And Happy Anniversary to you guys...when are u leaving for your "honeymoon?"

btw, I've been to Lawry's in Vegas....forgot what i ate...but I love their Yorkshire pudding!!

Denise said...

SOooo jealous that you're goin to NY. Humpphh...nvm, you get ling's baby girl and i have pei's baby boy..

Adeline said...

Thanks June! We r leaving this Saturday to Hawaii... and no, that's not the "honeymoon". ;P I told John that's the anniversary trip. You r going to my honeymoon destination! Have fun for me! Hopefully we will be able to go some time next yr.

Ha! I don't think I'll be able to see Ling's baby. Unless her baby decided to pop out earlier! lol... but I guess you will be able to see the baby too next year. The baby is going to be routed back to PD next yr. At least that's her plan for now. will see....

Simply June said...

When u coming to NY? Should try to meet up somewhere somehow.....