When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

9 month update

Gaven’s 9 months milestones… here are a few I could think of.

1) BYE- Gaven started waving BYE! He first did it with Janet. She moved his hand in waving motion while saying bye. So when she said bye, Gaven copied. He waved his hands. He doesn’t do it on command Only when he feels like it.

2) Door- Gaven knows how to open the door!

3) Kisses- He knows to give kisses too. Actually, I wouldn’t call it kisses exactly. He puts his mouth against your cheek with his mouth open. So you are covered in all the slobber and drool… eekkk! But it’s still wonderful. He only does it when he is in a very very good mood. Most of the time, he turns his face away. Feel so rejected…. Sad smile

4) Talking - Just a a few days ago, he started saying words like “pa pa pa pa”… constantly. I wouldn’t call it his first words yet because it doesn’t seem purposeful yet. He blabbers all day long. However, I see this as an improvement to his usual high pitch scream. I can also tell that he tries to mimic our word sometimes. The other day during dinner, I said to him “mum mum” while doing sign language of eating. He studied my lips and he said “pum pum pum…..”. So seems like he is able to say words that start with “P”.

5) Drinking- He is able to hold his own bottle now. I think he learned this from Penny. I was in for a surprise when one night while feeding him, he held both hands up and took over. However, he still prefers me holding the bottle for him. He will only do it if I make him.

IMG_0081 (3)

My little munchkin getting into mischief….

I can’t think of anything else? He made more progress in the speech development side but I will leave that to his 10 month update since he is past 9 months and it should be listed as his 10 month update. Smile

No comments: