When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

a sweet meeting.....

On Sept 8th, we went to Saugus 12th Annual Car Show. Ok, so it's not actually my kind of thing... to go to a car show?! But we went for 3 main reasons:
  • Mike Springer will be there
  • Jimmy is participating this year with his green mini
  • it's in Saugus!

So why not, right? Earlier that week:

Janet: Hey! You want to see Mike Springer?

Me: Of course? But how? I can't meet him up for lunch. I need to work.

Janet: No, not lunch. This Saturday!

Me: (still confused) The concert at the park?

Janet: No! Car show! He said he will come to the car show this Saturday.

Me: Really? (very excited at this point) Yea! I'll come. What time?

So that's basically how I end up going to the car show. Of course also to support our friend, Jimmy! First thing when we get in is to look for Jimmy's green mini.

We saw him chatting with some onlookers explaining how he build this. In case you don't know, Jimmy build his car from scratch! Look at the pictures of how the mini 1st looked like when he bought it. Yep, he is a smart man.... that's why we are friends. The smart mingles with the smart people. :P

I still remember he took us for a ride when the car is 3/4 done. No windshield, no window and no upholstery yet. He took us for a ride in the neighborhood.... man that thing is sure loud! And now the final work... a masterpiece. Right now, he is working on another mini. He is a crazy mini-mania! hehe.....

We did finally meet Springer and chatted with him and his wife for awhile. Haven't seen him for a long time, but we still often chat on the phone. He is so funny. He always managed to make me and Janet laugh each time without fail. We are a huge fan of his. Too bad, we didn't get to take a picture with him. Maybe we were all too excited to see each other that we forgot. So it was a sweet meeting.....

Here are some pictures of the cars for your eye candy that John managed to took before it gets dark....Don't ask me what they are. For all I know they are special cars.

cute road sign







there John is.... buying his cup of beer.... without fail

after circling around, we decided to get something to munch on so we bought nachos! Here's my chili nachos.... I ordered the wrong thing :( I wanted nachos with jalapenos and silly me, I thought it's called chili nachos. I blamed it on John for not letting me know before ordering it... oh well, it's still delicious!
I had Jimmy take a picture with his proud mini. This is actually a second take. Apparently, the 1st one didn't pass Janet's approval..... tee- hee
ok, by now you can gues who's standing behind Janet with the peace sign on her head.....

We left at about 9pm and since TJ Maxx is not too far away, I wanted to stop by to look for bags. They have designers handbags at a very good deal. John reluctantly drove me there. I didn't see anything I like, we left empty handed. We then went to Fridays for dinner.That's my apple martini, alot better than what I originally ordered, Friday's martini. I took a sip and it was too awful. So the John had the waitress changed it to an apple martini for me instead. We were very dissapointed with the food. Thsi is the second time the food has disssapoint us. We vow never to have dinner at Fridays again.... at least not the one in Santa Clarita.

No comments: